Adding a Data Product
You can add a new data product to begin your mastering flow.
When adding a data product, you select the appropriate template for your mastering use case. See Tamr Cloud Templates for details on each template.
Tamr Cloud creates the new data product in Studio, and creates the mastering flow for that data product in Designer. This process may take several minutes to complete. The Designer flow includes two sample datasets that you can use to explore the flow, test running the flow, and view the flow output. You can then replace the sample datasets with your datasets and modify the flow for your input data.
Adding a New Data Product
To add a data product:
- Navigate to Studio.
- Select Add Data Product in the top right.
- Select the appropriate template for your use case, and then select Next.
- Enter a name and optional description for the data product.
The name must be unique.
When publishing the mastered datasets for this data product, spaces and hyphens are converted to underscores.
- Select Add Data Product.
Tamr Cloud creates the data product in Studio and creates the mastering flow for that data product in Designer. This process may take several minutes to complete.
Running the Mastering Flow with Sample Data
To run the mastering flow and explore Designer:
- Navigate to Designer.
- Select the data product tile to open the flow.
- Explore the steps created by the template:
- Select each step to open it and view its configuration. Note that the Add Data step includes two sample datasets.
- Return to the flow by selecting the back arrow next to the step description at the top of the screen.
- Select Run Flow to run the mastering flow with the sample datasets.
Note: Running a flow takes approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Monitor the job status:
- In Designer, the status for each step changes as the flow runs. The overall flow status is available at the bottom of the page.
- In Admin > Jobs, the Jobs table contains details for each Tamr Cloud job.
- When the flow completes, view the mastered data in Studio:
- Navigate to Studio. The metrics on this data product tile update to reflect the mastered data. (See Viewing the Latest Data Product Data for more details.)
- Select the data product to view the mastered entities and fields.
Modify the Flow for Your Input Data and Downstream Requirements
Updated 9 days ago