Note: This data product template was formerly named B2B Site Mastering.
The data product produced by this template provides a consolidated view of your business customers at the granularity of individual sites (headquarters versus satellite offices, for example) and enriches your customer entities with public firmographic data sourced from Companies House, Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF), and Research Organization Registry (ROR).
This template provides:
- An industry-standard schema for B2B customer data.
- A machine learning model that deduplicates entities within, and across, your data sources.
- Data quality services for company name, phone number, url, and address data.
- Firmographic enrichment services that supplement your data with public company hierarchy and other referential data. Enrichment provides a more complete, 360-degree view of your customers by adding the name, address, website, and operating status of the company and its direct parent, ultimate domestic parent, and ultimate global parent. See Public Source Enrichment for the complete list of firmographic attributes included in this data product.
These data products provide a view of your business customers that identifies, and differentiates, various business locations. In your data, customers might mean B2B customers, suppliers, prospects, health care organizations, portfolio companies, or another type of organization.
Applying the B2B customers template to your data helps you answer questions like:
- How many unique customers do you have in total?
- How are your customers linked to a domestic or ultimate parent organization? Do multiple customers or suppliers share the same parent organization?
- Should you bill a customer's parent organization directly?
- What cross-sell opportunities exist, now that you have enriched my data with corporate hierarchy information?
- How many distinct sites are there in each sales region?
- Where do you have multiple sales associates visiting the same customer or supplier site?
- Where is there overlap when you consolidate data from several customer relationship management (CRM) or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems?
- What is the validated address and phone number for a particular site?
The data product created by the B2B customers template provides insights that inform plans to optimize deliveries, allocate resources, target marketing campaigns, and make other decisions driven by location and corporate hierarchy.
Other templates would be a better choice if you need to:
- Master company sites and use a different firmographic enrichment provider such as BoldData or Pitchbook: the B2B customers with firmographics template allows you to select a different firmographic enrichment provider.
- Master legal entities only, or consolidate companies at the country or global level: the legal entities template is designed for this level of matching.
- Mastering suppliers at site-level, have a license for D&B enrichment, and require diversity and third-party risk data: the suppliers with D&B template provides this level of matching and includes D&B Data Block enrichment for company, hierarchy, diversity, and third-party risk data.
- Mastering companies at site-level, have a license for D&B enrichment, and do not require diversity and third-party risk data: the B2B customers with D&B template provides this level of matching and includes D&B Data Block enrichment for company and hierarchy data.
- Identify points of contact within organizations: the contacts template is designed for this.
To learn more about this template’s requirements, processing, and resulting mastered entities, see:
Updated about 3 hours ago