When adding a data product, you can either select the appropriate template for your mastering use case, or make a copy of an existing data product. See Tamr Cloud Templates for details on each template.
Depending on your user role and permissions, you can save a copy of a data product. Saving a copy is particularly useful if you want to create a new version of an entity for testing purposes.
When you save a copy of a data product, all metadata and mastering flow settings, except for source datasets and schema mapping, are included in the copy.
To add a data product:
- On the Home page, select Add Data Product at bottom right.
- Select the appropriate template for your use case, and then select Next.
- Enter a name and optional description for the data product.
The name must be unique.
When exporting the mastered datasets for this data product, spaces and hyphens are converted to underscores.
- Select Add Data Product.
Tamr Cloud creates the data product and the mastering flow for that data product. This process may take several minutes to complete.
Next, you modify the mastering flow to include your source data and make other adjustments. See Tamr Cloud Templates.
To save a copy of a data product:
- On the Home page, locate the data product, then select More ⁝ > Save As.
- In the Save Data Product As dialog, provide a new name and optional description for the data product.
- Select Save.
Updated 3 months ago