Adding a Data Product
You add a data product to begin your mastering flow.
When adding a data product, you can either select the appropriate template for your mastering use case, or make a copy of an existing data product. See Tamr Cloud Templates for details on each template.
Depending on your user role and permissions, you can save a copy of a data product. Saving a copy is particularly useful if you want to create a new version of an entity for testing purposes.
When you save a copy of a data product, all metadata and mastering flow settings, except for source datasets and schema mapping, are included in the copy.
Creating a Data Product
To add a data product:
- On the Home page, select Add Data Product at bottom right.
- Select the appropriate template for your use case, and then select Next.
- Enter a name and optional description for the data product.
The name must be unique.
When exporting the mastered datasets for this data product, spaces and hyphens are converted to underscores.
- Select Add Data Product.
Tamr Cloud creates the data product in Studio and creates the mastering flow for that data product in Designer. This process may take several minutes to complete.
Next, you modify the mastering flow to include your source data and make other adjustments. See Tamr Cloud Templates.
Copying a Data Product
To save a copy of a data product:
- On the Home page, locate the data product, then select More ⁝ > Save As.
- In the Save Data Product As dialog, provide a new name and optional description for the data product.
- Select Save.
The tile for the new data product appears in Studio.
- Open the new data product in Designer.
- Add source datasets
- Map source fields to the unified schema
If you added the same source files used in the original data product, the schema maps automatically.
- Run the mastering flow to deliver mastered data to Studio for the copied data product.
Updated about 1 month ago