Updating User Accounts
You can update user account settings.
You update a user’s account settings, including their role, from Admin > Users.
You can update all settings except for username.
Changes to role and password are applied the next time the user logs in.
Note: Users are prompted to verify their email address only when the account is first added. If you update the user's email address, they will not be prompted to verify the new email address.
To update a user’s account settings:
- Navigate to Admin > Users.
- If needed, use the Search option above the Users table to search for users by any field. For example, you can search for all users with the "author" role, or search for a specific user by last name.
- In the row for the user, select one of the following:
- Edit to change the user’s settings, including role.
- Password to change the user’s password. See Adding Users for password requirements.
- Select OK to confirm the change.
Updated 23 days ago